All NFL teams had to trim their roster down to 75 players by 4 p.m. Tuesday. As the deadline approached, the Philadelphia Eagles were still sitting at 76 players. To get down to 75, the Eagles waived linebacker Phillip Hunt.
Hunt was placed on injured reserve in training camp after he tore his ACL. Once placed on injured reserve, a player is done for an entire season and doesn't count towards the active 53-man roster. Cutting Hunt can be seen as a smart move because he was still that 76th player and it allows the Eagles to keep another player around for a last minute decision on whether or not to keep him. Hunt can return to the Eagles and their injured reserve if he clears waivers by 4 p.m. today.
Here is the full list of cuts the Eagles made:
- Wide receiver Nick Miller
- Offensive tackle Nic Purcell
- Offensive Lineman Isaac Remington
- Tight end Will Shaw
- Tight end Derek Carrier
- Safety Kenny Phillips
- Defensive end Eddie McClam
- Defensive tackle Daryell Walker
- Cornerback Eddie Whitely
- Linebacker Jamar Chaney
- Linebacker Phillip Hunt
Special Teams Cuts:
- Punter Brad Wing
- Emergency long snapper James Winchester
All NFL teams must make their final cuts and trim their rosters down to 53 players by 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- The Injury Bug Hits Again, Linebacker Phillip Hunt Tears ACL
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Offseason Acquisitions (Part Eight) – Connor Barwin, Linebacker
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Offseason Acquisitions (Part Six) – Jason Phillips, Linebacker
- Philadelphia Eagles Draft Breakdown – Joe Kruger, Defensive End
- Philadelphia Eagles Training Camp: Week One Recap
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zsq