After Jamie Anderson finished her nearly perfect run in the women's inaugural slopestyle event, she almost certainly solidified herself as one of the greatest of her time.
With the gold medal, the US swept gold in the event. Sage Kotsenburg took home the gold in the men's slopestyle event earlier in the games.
"I was really just trying to stay calm and kind of reserve my energy," Anderson said after her gold medal run. "It was a lot of stress up there and even though it's just another competition, the stage and the outreach that this event connects to is out of control."
- Trying to Avoid Injury, Shaun White Withdraws from Slopestyle
- Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe Capture Gold, Silver in Women’s Moguls
- Canada’s Alexandre Bilodeau, Mikael Kingsbury Capture Gold and Silver in Men’s Moguls
- Canada’s Charles Hamelin Wins Gold in Men’s 1500m Short Track
- Will Canada’s Women’s Olympic Hockey Team Win Their Fourth Staight Gold Medal at Sochi?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/182r