No.25 Notre Dame (20-7, 9-5 ACC) will try to extend their winning streak to four on Saturday when they travel to Raleigh, NC to take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack (14-13, 3-11 ACC). The Irish are coming in off an ugly win over Boston College on Tuesday. In that game the Irish came out flat in the first half, but turned it on in the second to cruise to a 84-76 victory.
On Wednesday NC State got waxed at home by North Carolina 97-73. NC State has been reeling, but they are a much better team than their record indicates. As we saw on Tuesday in Chestnut Hill, even the worst teams in the ACC can cause you some trouble and that won’t be any different on Saturday afternoon.
- Notre Dame leads the all-time series 6-4
- Notre Dame won the last meeting in Raleigh 81-78 in overtime on January 25, 2015
- Mike Brey is 2-2 all-time vs. NC State
- Since the start of the 2014-15 season Notre Dame is 14-4 vs. teams from the state of North Carolina
- According to KenPom.com NC State is rated 106th, Notre Dame is 25th
- NC State is 41st in adjusted offensive efficiency, and 234th in defensive efficiency
- Bonzie Colson is averaging 26.6 PPG, 11.6 RPG and is shooting 67% from the field over his last three games
- Over his last six games Matt Farrell is averaging 15.4 PPG, 4.8 APG and is shooting 47% from three point land
- According to VegasInsiders.com the spread for this game is TBA
â?? Notre Dame MBB (@NDmbb) February 15, 2017
When: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 12:00pm ET
Where: PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
How to Watch: ESPN or WatchESPN
North Carolina State Wolfpack (14-13, 3-11)
After beating Duke in Durham on January 23rd it appeared NC State had their season headed in the right direction. Oh, but how can things change in this rough and tumble world of the ACC. Since then the Wolfpack have dropped six straight, and to second to last in the ACC standings.
Last season NC State finished 16-17, but thanks to a few huge recruits expectations were higher for …
Read Original Post at
Sports Media 101 searches and spiders for news it aggregates from across the web about your favorite sport or sports team. This article is originally posted at another site not affiliated with Sports Media 101. The portion of the article posted here is to provide a sample of the content available at the linked site. Please click the link to read the full article. Sports Media 101 does not claim any ownership to the content and all rights are retained by the original copyright owner.Tags: Bonzie Colson, DraftExpress.com, ESPN.com, February 15, 2017, HoopMath.com, KenPom.com, Matt Farrell, Maverick Rowan, NBA Draft, North Carolina State Wolfpack, Steve Vasturia, TeamRankings.com, Terry Henderson, TheACC.com, UND.com, V.J. Beachem, Vasturia, VegasInsiders.com, WEAR THE GOLD JERSEYS