While at a rehab outing for Class-A Everett on Thursday night, Montero was taunted heavily by a scout in the audience because of his weight issues and even went as far as to sent Montero ice cream to him in the dugout.
Montero of course, did not appreciate the gesture from the scout and tried to meet him after the game and had a baseball bat in his hands. Montero's teammates saw what was about to occur and had to physically restrain Montero from the scout from something really bad happening; especially considering Montero was gripping a bat with anger.
Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik told the media that he was aware of the situation that took place this past week in Boise but refused to comment further on it as far as what actions might take place.
“I am aware of the incident in Boise,” Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told the Seattle Times. “We are currently in the process of gathering information, but until I have all the details, I cannot comment.”
Because Montero, who has fallen so far down the pecking order as far as top players go, is not on the best terms with the team, and now given this incident where he tried to fight a scout and had a bat in his hand, they could look to suspend him.for his actions.
However, Montero was also baited by this scout for no apparent reason and people can understand why Montero would be upset for someone making fun of him for weight remarks; Montero showed up to camp this spring about 40 pounds overweight.
The silver lining in all of this; it's not the Yankees problem, as they traded Montero two years ago for Michael Pineda.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Current
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Seattle Mariners to Recall Jesus Montero on Thursday Vs. Former Team New York Yankees: Report
- Jesus Montero Called up by Seattle Mariners; Won’t Start Vs. New York Yankees on Thursday
- MLB Trade Rumors: New York Yankees Scouted Cliff Lee’s Last Rehab Start; Expected to Scout Monday’s Return to Majors
- Russell Martin on Current New York Yankees C Brian McCann: He was an Expensive Mistake
- Former Yankees 2B Robinson Cano Already Critical of Seattle Mariners Lack of Offense
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f1m