Not only did Girardi become the latest person to dump cold water on his head, but he also announced that the Yankees were making a very generous donation of $100,000 to help strike out ALS.
Here's video of Girardi accepting the challenge and giving some very important information about ALS, per MLB.com:
O'Neill should have no problem dumping a bucket of ice water over his head considering he tossed a few coolers in his day.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: ALS, als ice bucket challenge, Baseball, Goose Gossage, Ice Bucket Challenge, Joe Girardi, Joe Torre, MLB, New York, New York Yankees, Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez
- Jennifer Steinbrenner-Swindal Takes Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Yankees’ Derek Jeter for Challenge (Video)
- Michael Jordan Accepts Derek Jeter’s Nomination for ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (Video)
- Former New York Yankees Manager Joe Torre Takes Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- New York Yankees’ Masahiro Tanaka Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- New York Yankees’ Shawn Kelley Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (Video)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ezo