The New York Yankees are active in waiver market, but not for the reasons you would assume.
Along with Colon, Scott Feldman was name attached to Angels, but neither has yet to be put on waivers. But BB man says Yanks and O's
@pgammo "are claiming everyone."
Seeing as how both teams haven't done much recently to add to their roster, it's obvious this is a strategic move for the Yankees and O's.
New York is chasing several teams in the hunt for the wild card, as the Orioles' lead looks insurmountable in the American League East. It makes perfect sense to stop the teams in front of you from getting better.
And, who knows, maybe the Yankees strike some gold with one claim and actually improve one of their remaining holes, of which there are still too many.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- MLB Trade Rumors: Mets Place Curtis Granderson on Revocable Waivers; Unlikely to Be Dealt
- MLB Trade Rumors: Yankees Place Ichiro Suzuki, Brendan Ryan on Waivers
- MLB Trade Rumors: New York Yankees Likely to Claim Phillies’ Cole Hamels If Placed on Waivers
- MLB Trade Rumors: Phillies Place Cole Hamels, Marlon Byrd on Waivers; Will Yankees Make a Claim?
- MLB Trade Rumors: Chicago Cubs, not New York Yankees, May Have Claimed Phillies’ Cole Hamels Off Waivers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ex8