Torre wore No. 6 while winning four World Series rings with the Yankees.
MLB.com shows us a picture of how the number will look on the grass at Yankee Stadium, which will be displayed along the baselines:
Now that the legendary Yankees skipper will have his No. 6 retired, that leaves just one single-digit number left for the organization before it runs out. That single-digit number is of course Derek Jeter's No. 2, which is on borrowed time.
The Yankees also had special bases prepared for Torre's day:
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Check Out What Yankee Stadium Looks Like as a Soccer Field for MLS Team
- Tickets for Derek Jeter’s Last Game at Yankee Stadium Selling for Crazy Money
- New York Yankees to Retire Joe Torre’s No. 6 in Monument Park on August 23
- Pittsburgh Pirates Catcher Chris Stewart Looks Forward to Yankee Stadium Return
- 1994 Rangers Throw Out 1st Pitch, Take Batting Practice at Yankee Stadium (Video)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1euw