New York Yankees Captain Derek Jeter has already completed his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge after being nominated by several people, but Jeter nominated NBA legend Michael Jordan before getting the ice water dumped over his head.
Here is Jordan completing the challenge, per ESPN:
— ESPN (@espn) August 20, 2014
It'll be interesting to see the Zen Master take part in the challenge as it continues to sweep the nation.
For those who are skeptical of the Ice Bucket Challenge, it is helping raise far more money than the ALS foundation was able to bring in last year. By some estimates, the foundation has received over $30 million in donations, while at this point last year it was under $2 million.
As ridiculous as it is, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge seems to be helping to not only raise awareness, but money as well.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter Accepts Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- Jennifer Steinbrenner-Swindal Takes Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Yankees’ Derek Jeter for Challenge (Video)
- New York Yankees’ CC Sabathia Completes Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- Derek Jeter Accepts Beard Challenge, Hates 4PM Games and Boosts ASG Ratings
- Former New York Yankees’ Mariano Rivera Takes Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1err