Jorge Posada was the first one who started the challenges to some of his former teammates, as he got Andy Pettitte to take part in it. Derek Jeter also took part in it after being challenged by Jennifer Steinbrenner-Swindal and Roger Clemens and completed his at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night. On Wednesday night, it was Mariano Rivera's turn.
Rivera was challenged by his longtime and former catcher Posada to take the challenge, which he completed with help of his children; Posada's wife Laura posted the video on her Instagram account which can be seen here.
In Rivera's challenge, he nominated former Yankees bullpen coach and current Arizona Diamondbacks pitching coach Mike Harkey along with former Yankees and current Seattle Mariners second basemen Robinson Cano.
As of Wednesday night, the ALS foundation has made over $31.5 million in donations from the Ice Bucket Challenge, whereas last year, they were at only $1.9 million, so clearly, the challenge is working because not only are people doing the challenge, but they are donating as well.
For those who want to donate to help in the cause to stop ALS and find a cure, you can donate by following the link to their website.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Current
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Baseball, Ice Bucket Challenge, Mariano Rivera, MLB, New York, New York Yankees
- Former New York Yankees Manager Joe Torre Takes Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- New York Yankees’ CC Sabathia Completes Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- Jennifer Steinbrenner-Swindal Takes Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Yankees’ Derek Jeter for Challenge (Video)
- New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter Accepts Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- Former Yankees SP Andy Pettitte Takes Part in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1er3