The Yankees general partner and sister of current Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner challenged the Yankees captain to take the Ice Bucket Challenge on Tuesday morning to raise awareness and donations for ALS, otherwise known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Jeter of course, answered the challenge and completed it on Tuesday night before the team's opening series game at Yankee Stadium against the Houston Astros. The 40-year-old Jeter had help from fellow teammates CC Sabathia (who completed his earlier in the day) and Masahiro Tanaka. Jeter had also been challenged by former Yankees pitcher Roger Clemens aside from Steinbrenner-Swindal.
In the video, Jeter challenged Michael Jordan, Hannah Davis and Kevin Connolly to take the challenge. Jeter is now one of several Yankees to do it along with Sabathia; Shawn Kelley completed his challenge last week down in Baltimore.
For those who want to help donate to the cause to fight ALS, you can follow the link to their website.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Current
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- New York Yankees’ CC Sabathia Completes Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS Awareness (Video)
- Jennifer Steinbrenner-Swindal Takes Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Yankees’ Derek Jeter for Challenge (Video)
- Derek Jeter Accepts Beard Challenge, Hates 4PM Games and Boosts ASG Ratings
- New York Yankees’ Shawn Kelley Completes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (Video)
- Former Yankees SP Andy Pettitte Takes Part in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1epl