New York Yankees radio announcers John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman had a brush with death on Friday night when a ball landed just below their broadcasting booth at Tropicana Field.
Well, it was close, but not that close. However, if you see the two announcers' reactions, you would think it was a death-defying experience.
Video is courtesy of MLB.com:
Sterling's awareness of where the ball is at all times has never been spot-on, but this case certainly proves that further.
Even the guy in the booth behind Waldman and Sterling got it wrong when telling the pair where the ball landed, so clearly Sterling isn't getting much help from his co-workers in what is an already poor area of expertise.
While it didn't happen, we would've liked to hear Suzyn yell, "Goodness gracious, John, the ball is in our bawx!"
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Watch John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman Deal with a Serious Blind Spot in Fenway Park
- Watch New York Yankee Fan’s Epic Fail in Attempt to Catch Foul Ball
- Video: Watch New York Yankees Fan Go Ballistic After Missing Out on Home Run Ball
- Kansas City Royals Ballboy Fields Fair Ball Vs. New York Yankees (Video)
- Derek Jeter Gives Ball to Yankees Fan at Minute Maid Park; Astros Fan Unsuccessfully Tries to Take Ball Away
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1elh