One month before the New York Yankees play the Tampa Rays in what will be Derek Jeter's last games at Tropicana Field, the Rays have already made special bases commemorating the special three-game set from September 15-17.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News shared a picture of the bases, which are properly marked with the No. 2:
When the bases are marked in your honor, you know you're a big deal.
Jeter has had a memorable farewell tour, although he wouldn't like to call it that. Numerous teams have showered The Captain with gifts this season in what amounts to one of the most impressive showings of respect to one human being since the Mariano Rivera farewell tour last season.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Security Guards Slam Fan to Ground as He Runs on Field to Get a Hug from New York Yankees SS Derek Jeter
- Derek Jeter Admits to Mistakes in Field During New York Yankees 7-6 Loss to Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday
- Peyton Manning in Attendance for Yankees-Rays Game on Sunday to See Derek Jeter; Talks Retirement Advice
- Tampa Bay Rays Prez Says David Price Wasn’t Off Limits to New York Yankees
- Tampa Rays GM Taking Offers on David Price and Will Pull Trigger on Trade: Source; New York Yankees Have the Pieces to Get Deal Done
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ekz