It would be hard not to notice just how much of a disappointment the offense of the New York Yankees is in 2014, especially considering the talent in the lineup that they have.
Yet, even with a lineup that possesses Carlos Beltran, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brian McCann, Chase Headley, Derek Jeter and Mark Teixeira, the team still struggles to score runs; just like they did this past weekend against the Cleveland Indians and just like they did in the final seven innings of their game against the Baltimore Orioles; where they were kept off the scoreboard after the second inning.
So when asked about the team's offense and it's failure to score runs at times, Teixiera said it's been disappointing and knows the entire group must play if they want a chance at the postseason.
"All season long I think we've been disappointed," the first baseman said. "I think we all thought we'd be better but we just haven't gotten it going. It's August," he said. "It's not like we're going to find a magic formula. We've got to hit better, play better. Tonight was ugly. You never want to lose a game that but it wasn't our night."
Teixeira, whose hitting just .227 with 19 home runs and 52 RBI, has dealt with his share of injuries; injuries which has held him to 86 games this season and have been a part of the offensive woes.
In the years past, there was never an issue with the Yankees scoring runs and hitting the ball, although this season, they don't have Robinson Cano whose now with the Seattle Mariners and Alex Rodriguez, whose serving a season-long suspension, but in the end of it all, the bats the Yankees have in the lineup just aren't doing the necessary job needed to help the Yankees win, which is why they are seven games back in the American League East.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Current
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- New York Yankees Struggling Offense Could Use Alex Rodriguez in Their Lineup Right Now
- New York Yankees Struggling Offense Sure Could Use Alex Rodriguez Right Now
- Mark Teixeira Expects to Play at Least 150 Games for New York Yankees in 2014
- Robinson Cano is Terribly Missed in New York Yankees Inconsistent, Struggling Offense
- New York Yankees Should Take Chance on Raul Ibanez for Struggling Offense
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1eg8