The beautiful blonde was recently a guest host on Live! with Kelly and Michael and spilled the beans about her favorite club not allowing her to wear the gear of her boyfriend Justin Verlander's team, the Detroit Tigers.
Upton says it in the video below, which can be found at the 2:35-mark of the clip:
Here's the direct quote from Upton in case you don't want to see it for yourself:
“They specifically told me, the Yankees told me, they’re like, ‘You’re not allowed to wear a Tigers hat,'" Upton told Strahan. "'You’re not allowed to wear any Tigers gear.’ It’s like a bad breakup.”
During the game, Verlander openly interacted with his girlfriend by giving Upton a ball as she sat above the Tigers' dugout:
The Yankees haven't responded to Upton's comments, so it remains to be seen if Upton's version of events can be verified. Chances are this isn't something the Bronx Bombers will touch.
I'm not sure what kind of hold the "Evil Empire" has on Upton for her to listen to them. After all, she doesn't need free tickets and makes more than enough money to buy a seat anywhere in the stadium.
Regardless, Upton definitely scores points for loyalty to the Yankees in this instance since she actually listened.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- How the Detroit Tigers Trading for David Price May Help the New York Yankees Land Max Scherzer in Free Agency
- Detroit Tigers, Joel Hanrahan Agree to Terms on Deal, New York Yankees were Interested
- Kansas City Royals Fans Wear Horse Head, Cat Singlets to New York Yankees Game
- Kate Hudson on New York Yankees’ Alex Rodriguez: He’s a Phenomenal Athlete Who Made a Bad Choice
- Houston Astros Selling Derek Jeter, New York Yankees Gear at Minute Maid Park
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ecz