Anyone who has ever been on the subway knows what it's like to not have service on their cell phone. For some, it's like jumping into a black hole never to be heard from again.
Apparently, Rogers was in the subway when the Yanks went to make the call, and because he had no service and couldn't get the message, manager Joe Girardi and company had to delay the announcement of the decision, per Bryan Hoch of MLB.com:
Why'd it take so long for the Yanks to name today's starter? They wanted to tell Esmil Rogers first & he had no cell service on the subway.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) August 8, 2014
Not even the "Evil Empire," with all of its resources, can withstand the wrath of zero reception.
Can you hear me now? Good, you're the starter.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- New York Yankees Pick Esmil Rogers to Replace David Phelps on Friday Vs. Indians
- Subway Series 2014: Former New York Yankees’ CF Curtis Granderson Hits HR for Mets
- VIDEO: New York Yankees’ Brett Gardner Hits Grand Slam Vs. New York Mets in Subway Series
- New York Mets and New York Yankees to Kickoff 2014 Subway Series
- MLB Trade Rumors: New York Yankees Couldn’t Match Oakland Athletics’ Package
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ebi