Many know Joe Buck as the main play-by-play voice for FOX Sports and have heard him call many World Series games, as well as a lot of NFL games which includes many Super Bowls.
However, he does have a reputation amongst fans as being one of the most annoying voices in the broadcasting world to go along with being one of the most egotistical ones in the broadcasting world (being the son of legendary announcer Jack Buck may have played a part in that.)
Just before Tuesday's 2014 All Star Game, Buck was doing the a part of a vignette in which he was going into the American League locker room to introduce some of the players in which he got to Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout and then he got to New York Yankees captain and starting shortstop Derek Jeter who looked far from amused with Buck being in the locker room.
In the video posted, Jeter tells Buck to "get the heck out of here, we have a game to play," in which Buck has nothing else to say other than the game starts now, and then the promos start on FOX for the All Star Game.
While FOX does a tremendous job covering the game, Jeter was right to kick him out of the locker room, especially if the team is trying to prepare and focus on winning the game. And unlike in the past, it's not just an exhibition game as the winner gets their league home field advantage in the World Series.
Jeter finished his final All Star Game going 2-for-2 with a single, double and a run scored. Clearly, Jeter was focused on helping his team win the game and they did just that in the 5-3 victory for the American League.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Masahiro Tanaka Tells Fans to Vote Derek Jeter for 2014 MLB All-Star Game (Video)
- New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter Talks Before First All-Star Game in 1998 (Video)
- Every Derek Jeter Highlight from 2014 MLB All-Star Game
- New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter Goes 2-for-2 with Double, Run Scored; American League Wins 2014 All Star Game 5-3
- Derek Jeter Asked Ridiculous Question at 2014 MLB All-Star Game Media Day
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dg0