With the New York Yankees need for pitching, some have wondered if they would have the actual pieces needed in order to land the Rays ace lefty, and even though Tampa has said they would be willing to trade within the division, a trade for Price from Tampa to New York seems unlikely.
In fact, if it were up to Price, it sure sounds like he would prefer to stay within the southeast of the country, as he is from Tennessee, which means the Atlanta Braves would be the preferred destination for him, as Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reported.
"Rumor has it that if the Rays were to deal him, he'd most prefer the Atlanta Braves, which is the team closest to Tennessee, and that he'd least prefer teams that are far away. Geography seems to count for Price. Price's agent Bo McKinnis was quoted by Ken Rosenthal of FOXsports.com at the winter meetings saying that Price wouldn't sign a longterm extension if the Seattle Mariners were to acquire him. Reminded of that here, Price declined to comment."
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Atlanta Braves, Baseball, David Price, MLB, New York, New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Rays
- MLB Trade Rumors: New York Yankees Listed as Potential Trade Suitor for Tampa Bay Rays’ David Price
- MLB Trade Rumors: David Price Scouted by New York Yankees, Others
- MLB Trade Rumors: Yankees Chances of Landing David Price are Terrible
- MLB Trade Rumors: Tampa Bay Rays’ David Price Can See Being Traded to New York Yankees at Deadline
- MLB Trade Rumors: Tampa Bay Rays Open to Trading David Price Within A.L. East; New York Yankees Still in the Mix
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dgc