With his farewell tour during the season, teams have paid tribute to Jeter throughout the year, the latest were the Minnesota Twins and Cleveland Indians with their gifts to the Yankee captain; although Jeter will be back on Tuesday at Target Field for one final appearance in the 2014 All Star Game in Minnesota.
Nike, a long-time Jeter sponsor, has gotten on board with their own tribute to Jeter in a video tribute that was directed and filmed by fellow New Yorker Spike Lee.
In the video, you see a plethora of celebrities from Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, former New York City mayor Rudy Guiliani, Billy Crystal, Phil Jackson, Carmelo Anthony and former Yankees Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada, Tino Martinez Mariano Rivera and Joe Torre. Also appearing in it is Boston Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester, Boston fans, New York City firefighters and police officers and even the San Diego Padres mascot as well. His parents, Charles and Dorothy Jeter also appear in the commercial as well.
The theme of it, dubbed 'RE2PECT,' starts off with Jeter doing his notorious swing and batting stance in which he tips his cap to Lester, who is pitching to him in the commercial and then shows Lester tipping his cap, then shows everyone else in the commercial tipping their cap to Jeter as a sign of respect for his presence and career with the Yankees.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Oakland A’s Video Tribute to Derek Jeter Won’t Include Infamous Flip Play
- 2014 MLB Draft: New York Yankees Select Pitchers Austin DeCarr, Jordan Montgomery, Jordan Foley in Rounds 3-5
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dd2