After throwing 3.1 innings against the Class-AA Portland Sea Dogs for the Trenton Thunder, Sabathia will now go for an MRI on his knee after he woke up this morning with swelling in the knee, as Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reported.
Girardi said Sabathia is having another MRI on his knee after he experienced some swelling.— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) July 3, 2014
The knee is the one that landed him on the disabled list back on May 11 with inflammation, but was then revealed that he had a degenerative knee condition that required stem cell treatment.
If all had go well, Sabathia could have been on track to return shortly after the All Star break in two weeks, but it looks like Sabathia may not be making it back if he has to be shut down so they don't further worsen the knee.
Sabathia was 3-4 with a 5.26 ERA before landing on the disabled list two months ago. If the Yankees aren't able to get Sabathia back this month, it will only enhance the Yankees need to make a deal for a starting pitcher, maybe even two now. The team has been rumored to several starters on the market before the July 31 trade deadline.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Yankees: CC Sabathia to Make 1st Rehab Start on Saturday
- New York Yankees’ CC Sabathia Felt Good Despite Being Knocked Around in Rehab Start for Class-AA Trenton Thunder
- New York Yankees’ CC Sabathia Could Make Next Rehab Start at Class-AA Trenton This Week
- New York Yankees’ CC Sabathia to Make Next Rehab Start for Class-AA Trenton on Thursday
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cpi