The Yanks' Instagram brings us Tanaka's playful plea to vote for The Captain which he says in two different languages, Japanese and English:
As it stands now, Jeter is set to start the midsummer classic at shortstop having compiled over 2 million votes.
It would be his 14th career start and a fitting way to end Jeter's Hall of Fame career.
- New York Yankees Masahiro Tanaka Could Miss 2014 All-Star Game: Report
- 2014 MLB All-Star Game: List of Yankees Among Top Vote-Getters
- Derek Jeter Receives Standing Ovation from Oakland A’s Fans on Sunday (Video)
- New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter on Masahiro Tanaka: You Look Forward to Him Pitching, Dominating Out There
- New York Yankees Derek Jeter Leads American League Shortstops in All-Star Voting
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cl8