On Sunday during the 68th version of the New York Yankees' Old Timer's Day, Hideki Matsui was able to catch up with his former teammates in his return to the place where he made himself a postseason legend.
One of which was his longtime teammate and friend in Derek Jeter, who is in his final year as a professional baseball player and will retire at the conclusion of the 2014 regular season (barring that the Yankees make the postseason.
Matsui, who signed a one-day contract with the Yankees in 2012 to formally announce his retirement from baseball, gave some advice to the Yankees captain and shortstop for when he decides to call it a career in the winter; find Mrs. Jeter.
Hideki Matsui was asked his advice for Jeter in retirement: "HeÃ¢??s got to find a wife. ThatÃ¢??s, I think, first and foremost."— Steve Popper (@StevePopper) June 22, 2014
Currently, Jeter is dating modal Hannah Davis, although who knows if they are serious about tying the knot or not. In the past, Jeter has dated Mariah Carey, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba and most recently, Minka Kelly. Davis is the latest of the many beautiful women that have been with Jeter in his career.
There is that old saying, behind every great man is a great women. Jeter did say that once his playing career was over, he was interested in settling down and having family. You have to wonder if Davis feels the same way.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Tags: Baseball, Derek Jeter, hideki matsui, MLB, New York, New York Yankees
- Hideki Matsui, Johnny Damon to Participate in New York Yankees Old Timer’s Day on June 22
- Hall of Fame Classic: Hideki Matsui Homers in 2nd At-Bat (Video)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cdj