Mariano Rivera III was drafted in the 29th round of the draft with the 872nd pick. Like his dad, he is also a pitcher, only without the career success his father had. The Yanks can only hope the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
As was expected, Rivera isn't the kind of dad that pushes his son into something and The Sandman has made it clear that this is his son's life and it is his job to make the most of his career, although he did require his son to finish school first.
It'll be interesting to see what kind of cutter little Mo has, but hopefully his pops will continue to teach him when possible. Rivera is still in his sophomore season at Iona college, so don't expect to see him anytime soon.
Little Mo has a tough act to follow in his family, so we certainly wish him the best in his quest to be a Major League Baseball pitcher in the future.
- 2014 MLB Draft: New York Yankees Select Mariano Rivera, Jr. in 29th Overall Round; Son of Mariano Rivera
- Tony Gwynn is Remembered by New York Yankees Legend Mariano Rivera (Video)
- VIDEO: Shaquille O’Neal Didn’t Know Who New York Yankees Great Mariano Rivera Is
- 2014 MLB Draft: Complete List of New York Yankees Draft Selections
- New York Yankees: Mariano Rivera Teases About a Possible Return to MLB
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c51