LeBlanc was claimed off waivers by the Yankees on June 3 from the Los Angeles Angels in a part of their bullpen shuffle that saw Alfredo Aceves designated for assignment and sent down to the minors, Preston Claiborne optioned back to Class-AAA and LeBlanc and Jose Ramirez put on the 25-man roster.
LeBlanc pitched in one game for the Yankees against the Oakland A's; he allowed two runs in two innings, but was then designated for assignment this past Wednesday after the Yankees re-acquired David Huff from the San Francisco Giants for cash considerations.
LeBlanc refused his minor league assignment to Class-AAA Scranton/Wilks-Barre and elected to become a free agent, as Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reported on Sunday.
Wade LeBlanc declined his assignment to Triple-A and has become a free agent.— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) June 15, 2014
LeBlanc, who is only 29-years-old, will likely find work elsewhere since he is a left-handed pitcher who can be used as both a starter and reliever. During his seven year career, LeBlanc has pitched for the San Diego Padres, Miami Marlins, Houston Astros and recently with the Angels and Yankees. LeBlanc has a 7.36 ERA in two appearances this season.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Yankees: Wade LeBlanc Claimed Off Waivers from Los Angeles Angels; Michael Pineda Transferred to 60-Day DL
- New York Yankees: Alfredo Aceves DFA’ed, Preston Claiborne Optioned to Minors; Jose Ramirez, Wade LeBlanc Added to Roster
- New York Yankees Activate Closer David Robertson from 15-Day DL; Option Cesar Cabral to Class-AAA Scranton
- Robinson Cano Takes Shot at New York Yankees; Showed Little Respect with Weak Offer in Free Agency
- Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Minor League Report for 5-14-14
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c3f