Oakland, which was represented by former Yankee turned A's hitting coach Chili Davis and manager Bob Melvin, gave Jeter a bottle of 2009 Cabernet and more importantly, a donation to his Turn 2 Foundation in the amount of $10,002.
Tame or not, it's quite an extraordinary thing to see all of these teams showering Jeter with gifts. After all, he can afford a 2009 cabernet just by showing up to practice, but it's the thought that counts.
Not to mention, all the money being raised for Jeter's charity is going to a great cause and will have more value to Jeter than any ridiculous gift ever could.
HOT HEADLINESBaseball, Derek Jeter, MLB, New York, New York Yankees, Oakland A's, Turn 2 Foundation
- Derek Jeter: New York Yankees SS Receives Farewell Gift from New York Mets
- Los Angeles Angels Present New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter with Giant Paddleboard as Farewell Gift Before Game
- Oakland A’s Video Tribute to Derek Jeter Won’t Include Infamous Flip Play
- New York Yankees: See Derek Jeter’s Gift from Chicago Cubs
- New York Yankees: Derek Jeter’s Great Bat Bench Gift from White Sox
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c2o