MLB.com's Bryan Hoch broke the news:
Shawn Kelley is expected to rejoin the Yankees tomorrow.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) June 10, 2014
Kelley was due back a week or two ago but suffered a setback in his rehab process, which pushed back his return date.
It's been an up and down season for Kelley thus far. He started off as the team's replacement closer while David Robertson was on the disabled list and now he returns to a bullpen that has evolved quite a bit.
With Kelley in the mix, the Yanks' bullpen is even deeper and that's important because the Bronx Bombers haven't been getting an ideal amount of length out of their starters this season and as expected, it has taxed the bullpen.
Kelley hasn't pitched since May 6 and was 1-1 with four saves and a 3.52 ERA before he got hurt.
- New York Yankees Reliever Shawn Kelley Could Return from DL on Wednesday
- Yankees Injury Updates: CC Sabathia Takes 1st Step, Shawn Kelley Close to Return
- New York Yankees: Injury Updates on Carlos Beltran and Shawn Kelley
- New York Yankees: Injury Updates on Michael Pineda, Shawn Kelley
- New York Yankees: Update on Michael Pineda and Shawn Kelley Injuries
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bwv