While the New York Yankees are looking to add to their roster in hopes of making the postseason, they do have someone on their roster that interests at least one team.
The Texas Rangers roster has taken a blow to two of their first basemen, as Prince Fielder is out for the rest of the regular season with a neck injury that required surgery and Mitch Moreland will be out for three months due to needing surgery on his ankle; which puts them in the market for first base help and they have reported interest in Kelly Johnson of the Yankees, as Gerry Fraley from the Dallas Morning News reported.
"According to several major-league officials, Pittsburgh’s Gaby Sanchez, Washington minor-leaguer Tyler Moore, Kelly Johnson of the New York Yankees and Philadelphia’s John Mayberry Jr., a former Rangers first-round draft choice, are available. No one will help out the Rangers with a cut-rate deal."
- MLB Trade Rumors: New York Yankees Could Be Potential Suitor for Oakland A’s Jim Johnson
- New York Yankees Start Kelly Johnson at 1B; Alfonso Soriano Could Be Next
- Kelly Johnson was the New York Yankees Unfortunate Plan B After Losing Mark Reynolds to Milwaukee Brewers
- Philadephia Phillies, Texas Rangers Could Again Be Interested in Yankees INF Eduardo Nunez: Report
- Joe Girardi Won’t Platoon Kelly Johnson; Will Be Yankees Full-Time 3rd Basemen in 2014 Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bv9