While most teams usually present New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter with their farewell gift before the final game of series that they play on the road, the St. Louis Cardinals decided to switch things up.
Before the first game of the series between the Yankees and Cardinals at Busch Stadium, the Cardinals presented Jeter with their latest round of gifts, which included Stan Musial cuff links,along with a check for $10,000 to Jeter's charity, "Turn 2 Foundation."
New York Yankees (@Yankees) May 26, 2014
Members of the Cardinals organization were on hand to honor Jeter before the game, which was in an hour rain delay in St. Louis; some of which were Cardinals manager and former player Mike Matheny and Hall of Fame shortstop Ozzie Smith.
The gifts that Jeter has received include stetson boots and a hat from the Houston Astros, the number 2 from the Wrigley Field scoreboard from the Chicago Cubs, a cake with subway cars from the New York Mets, a paddleboard with the Yankees logo from the Los Angeles Angels, and most recently, bats made into a bench from the Chicago White Sox.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Tags: Baseball, Derek Jeter, MLB, New York, New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals
- Los Angeles Angels Present New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter with Giant Paddleboard as Farewell Gift Before Game
- New York Yankees Derek Jeter to Tie Louis Aparicio for Games Played at SS
- Mark Teixeira Scratched from New York Yankees Lineup Vs. St. Louis Cardinals with Stiff Wrist
- Derek Jeter: New York Yankees SS Receives Farewell Gift from New York Mets
- New York Yankees: Derek Jeter’s Great Bat Bench Gift from White Sox
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bd5