Derek Jeter is going to need a warehouse to fit all the gifts he's received so far in 2014. The Chicago White Sox were just the latest to give Jeter a farewell present and this one was one of the coolest he's gotten from a team this season.
Aside from receiving some dirt from the grounds of the old Comiskey Park, Jeter's charity got a contribution from the White Sox and Jeter now has a new piece of furniture that is very custom and very awesome.
— Alabama Brunette?™ (@UACharm) May 25, 2014
I'm sure there will be a place in Jeter's million-dollar home (or homes) for this beautiful bench/couch, although I'm not sure how good the old back is going to feel up against some Louisville Sluggers.
Of course, the reaction to the gifts were mixed.
White Sox gave Jeter a hideous bat bench some dirt from the infield and 5k to his foundation. Mets gift still in 1st place.
— Jets Ballwasher (@jetsgreen) May 25, 2014
White Sox gave Jeter dirt from the shortstop position here and from old Comiskey? That's a cool gift.
— Ben (@Nebkreb) May 25, 2014
- Derek Jeter: New York Yankees SS Receives Farewell Gift from New York Mets
- Los Angeles Angels Present New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter with Giant Paddleboard as Farewell Gift Before Game
- New York Yankees: See Derek Jeter’s Gift from Chicago Cubs
- New York Yankees SS Derek Jeter Receives Standing Ovation from LA Angels Fans
- New York Yankees: Watch Derek Jeter Check Out Robinson Cano’s Beard
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bc5