The Mets, much like every other team Jeter has faced this season, honored The Captain with some tile art of his famous No. 2, a cake commemorating his time in Major League Baseball and a donation to Jeter's charity in a proper numerical format.
The video is courtesy of MLB.com:
It's another classy move by a MLB organization. Even the Mets are properly honoring Jeter despite the fact that the Mets and Yanks have an in-town rivalry that is heated between fans of both teams.
Granted, it wasn't exactly the best gift Jeter has received thus far in 2014, but it is still deserved recognition nonetheless of one of the great shortstops in the history of the game.
- Los Angeles Angels Present New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter with Giant Paddleboard as Farewell Gift Before Game
- New York Yankees SS Derek Jeter Receives Standing Ovation from LA Angels Fans
- New York Yankees: Watch Derek Jeter Check Out Robinson Cano’s Beard
- Derek Jeter Quietly Returning to Form for New York Yankees in 2014
- Houston Astros Selling Derek Jeter, New York Yankees Gear at Minute Maid Park
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b1l