Two years ago when Rivera injured his knee shagging fly balls, the crew at TNT wished Rivera well and even sent him a note giving their support, which was signed by all the guys at the desk with Shaq included.
However, Shaq didn't even know who he was signing the note for and when he ran into Rivera on Tuesday, The Sandman thanked Shaq for the well wishes with The Big Aristotle not knowing who was thanking him.
So when Shaq returned to the set to let the guys know who had thanked him, he called Rivera, "Raphael Nugero" in what amounts to full-blown proof that Shaq has no idea what he's talking about.
It's hard to have a pulse and not know who Rivera is—especially if you are in sports—but Shaq has proven that it is possible.
- New York Yankees: Mariano Rivera Rips Robinson Cano, Praises Dustin Pedroia
- River Ave. Outside Yankee Stadium Now Changed to Rivera Ave. to Honor Mariano Rivera
- New York Yankees: Mariano Rivera Teases About a Possible Return to MLB
- Former New York Yankee Mariano Rivera Addresses Rumors of a Possible Return to Pinstripes
- American League Reliever of the Year Award to Be Named After Mariano Rivera
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b06