Mariano Rivera got a lot of great gifts in his farewell tour last season for the New York Yankees. Now, it's Derek Jeter's turn to get the gifts from teams in his farewell tour around Major League Baseball in 2014.
Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) May 8, 2014
Just before Wednesday night's series finale at Angels Stadium between the Yankees and Los Angeles Angels, Albert Pujols, Mike Trout, Howie Kendrick and Jered Weaver participated in a pre-game ceremony to honor Jeter with a farewell gift from the organization, which was a really tall and gigantic paddleboard. In the picture from the Angels Twitter account, Kendrick is seen holding the large paddle to go along with the paddleboard.
The paddleboard will be just one of the many gifts that teams around the league will be giving the Yankees captain during the year. Last season, the Minnesota Twins got creative for Rivera, as they took some of the shattered bats that he created from his cutter and were able to make a rocking chair out of the bats.
In the game, Jeter hit his first home run of the game, a solo shot off left-handed starter Hector Santiago which put the Yankees up 6-0 in the top of the second inning.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Yankees SS Derek Jeter Receives Standing Ovation from LA Angels Fans
- Peyton Manning in Attendance for Yankees-Rays Game on Sunday to See Derek Jeter; Talks Retirement Advice
- John Ryan Murphy Hits 1st Career Home Run, Leads New York Yankees to 4-3 Win Over Los Angeles Angels
- Albert Pujols on New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter: He’s Pretty Close to Being Jesus
- New York Yankees SS Derek Jeter to Retire Following 2014 Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1asz