Robinson Cano of the Seattle Mariners is rocking a beard for the first time during the 2014 season and his former teammate, New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, decided to inspect the second baseman's new look.
It happened on Thursday night at Yankee Stadium when Cano returned to his old home for the second time this season.
If you read the Yankee Captain's lips, it looks like he mentions Big Papi, who of course is David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox. Ortiz sports a similar if not identical beard, so that's likely Cano's inspiration for the facial hair he owns.
Maybe we should start calling him Little Papi?
While his former hometown fans have been nothing but hostile to Cano, it seems his old teammates like Jeter aren't holding a grudge now that the 31-year-old has jumped ship.
Jeter's inspection of Cano's beard has certainly been one of the lighter moments for Cano this week.
- Watch New York Yankees Fans Boo Robinson Cano in First At-Bat as Seattle Mariner
- New York Yankees Should Honor Robinson Cano When He Returns to Yankee Stadium
- Robinson Cano Compares Playing with New York Yankees and Seattle Mariners
- Robinson Cano Pranks New York Yankees Fans Who Boo Him on Tonight Show
- Robinson Cano Tells GQ on Being a New York Yankee: You Never Want to Leave a Place Like That
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1amj