The New York Yankees are one of the world’s foremost sporting franchises, and a name which is known throughout the world, whether people are baseball fans or not. It has been argued before that the sheer power behind that name and fearsome reputation for success has been worth a few extra wins a season – similar to Manchester United. This also applies when it comes to baseball betting, with bookies and bettors perhaps favouring the Yankees sometimes, more on account of their past reputation, than current form or strength.
They have been given quite low odds again ahead of the 2014 MLB season, on 9/1 to win the American League and 20/1 for the World Series. They are certainly not hot favourites for either of them, but their odds are at a level that will catch the eye of a punter who wants a good pick with a bit longer odds than the favourites. This is even more true when you factor in that aforementioned reputation, but the question to ask is how much these odds reflect their current strengths, and how much they are influenced by the past record of an ageing team. If you are unsure what the answers to these questions are, you can give baseball themed online casino games a spin while you think about it.
These games are the perfect way of having a bet on baseball without having to tax your brain too much – as Lucky Nugget online slots games have always been the simplest kind of casino gaming. Hot Shot, a nine-pay line, five-reel slot which is baseball all the way through. However they may be simple, but games like this still employ cutting edge graphics and effects to bring the baseball theme to life, and they still give you the chance to win a jackpot (often both a coin and a cash one). They also combine simplicity with convenience these days, as you can game on your phone using a mobile casino site.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- This Date in History: October 16, 2003; Aaron Boone’s 11th Inning Walk-Off Home Run Propels Yankees to 2003 World Series
- New York Yankees Robinson Cano Suffers Left Hand Contusion, Listed as Day-to-Day
- New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles Weekend Series Pitching Preview
- Report: Alex Rodriguez Expected to Travel with New York Yankees; not Skipping Out on Series Vs. Houston Astros
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15t0