With Robinson Cano now on his way to Seattle, this news may be a bit overshadowed. But while Jay-Z was begging the Mariners to let him "reintroduce himself," the New York Yankees were finalizing a very important one-year deal with starting pitcher Hiroki Kuroda.
The Yankees officially made Kuroda, who appeared ready to pitch in Japan in 2014, an offer earlier this week, but General Manager Brian Cashman said it was no gaurantee he would return.
"He wants to come back," Cashman said on Thursday. "He's going to pitch, but whether he's going to pitch here or Japan or somewhere else here [in the United States], I don't know yet. All indications are he is definitely interested in coming back to the Yankees. That's the indication, but there's no guarantee."
But, like the situation with Cano, negotiations took a drastic turn overnight and he opted to return to The Big Apple for at least one more year.
The one-year deal is said to be worth $16 million, with an additional $250,000 for 190 inning pitches and 210 inning pitched. He will also receive his own personal interpreter.
- Be sure to like Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter& +1 Yankees 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New York Yankees Make 1-Year, $15-16 Million Contract Offer to Hiroki Kuroda: Report
- New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman Looking to Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda for 2014 Season
- Hiroki Kuroda Turns Down New York Yankees $14.1MM Qualifying Offer; Will Test Free Agent Market
- New York Yankees Make $14.1MM Qualifying Offers to Robinson Cano, Hiroki Kuroda, Curtis Granderson
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1517