The minimum recovery for this injury is about 8 weeks and with only seven games left in the season and more than likely no playoff berth this effectively ends Sabathia's 2013 season. As of today the Yankees are four games behind the Cleveland Indians in the second Wild Card spot with six games remaining on their schedule.
This year Sabathia was un-CC like with a 14-13 record and a 4.78 ERA in 211 innings with 175 strikeouts.
Sabathia is added to the list of Yankees in a record year of injuries for this organization. It is quite a testament to this team that they have even stayed in the playoff race this long this year.
They Yankees regular season at home ends with three games against AL East rival Tampa Bay starting tomorrow night.
The only pitching match-up for this series that is certain is tomorrow night with RHP Hiroki Kuroda (11-12. 3.17 ERA) vs LHP Matt Moore (15-4, 3.34 ERA) in a 7:00 p.m. ET start.
The final two game pitchers are yet TBD by either team.
Also . . .
Like Yankees 101 on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Google +
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez Diagnosed with Grade 1 Quad Strain, Out 7-10 Days
- New York Yankees SS Derek Jeter Has Grade 1 Quad Strain, Out Until After All Star Break
- Report: New York Yankees’ Brett Gardner Has Grade 1 Oblique Strain, Likely Done for Regular Season
- New York Yankees SP Hiroki Kuroda to Miss Friday’s Start with Hip Flexor Strain
- New York Yankees Place 3B Kevin Youkilis on 15-Day DL with Lumbar Strain
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/119c