For Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, this offseason has been a tumultuous one that he hopes to forget. Between major hip surgery and damning new performance-enhancing drug allegations, the scrutiny upon one of the biggest lightning rods in sports is as intense as ever before.
As he attempts to alleviate any scrutiny as he stays far away from Tampa, rehabilitating his hip up in New York under close supervision, Rodriguez re-affirmed his commitment to making his way back up to the Bronx, hopefully after the All-Star break, as per report by Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com,
“"Right now I'm dedicating 100 percent of my energy and focus on my rehabilitation. I am conducting two rehab sessions each and every day in an effort to get back on the field and rejoin my Yankees teammates," Rodriguez said in the statement released by his PR representatives. "I think we have a great team and I want to be a part of it."
Additionally, as the recent PED allegations surrounding Anthony Bosch and Biogenesis are still intensifying, an older case involving similar allegations against Rodriguez, this time involving Anthony Galea, has recently been confirmed to still be under investigation, as per a collaborative report by the New York Daily News.
Needless to say, as Rodriguez's numbers have been in a steady decline over the past few seasons, including a non-existent showing in the 2012 post-season, the offseason signing of free agent Kevin Youkilis takes on a new level of importance.
Simply put, at this juncture of Rodriguez's career, Youkilis should prove to be a more than adequate fill-in.
- Be sure to "like" Yankees 101 on Facebook, follow Yankees 101 on Twitter, and +1 Yankees 101 on Google+.
- Enter for a chance to win a pair of free Yankees tickets, courtesy of Sports Media 101. Easy to follow process.
- Yankees Third Baseman Alex Rodriguez Again Implicated in PED Ring
- Alex Rodriguez Unlikely to Return to New York Yankees
- Alex Rodriguez Scheduled for Hip Surgery Today; New York Yankees Expect Mid-Season Return
- Alex Rodriguez Schedules Hip Surgery for January 16; Dr. Bryan Kelly Hopes for All-Star Break Return
- Hip Surgery for Alex Rodriguez Goes as Planned and Without Complication; Supervised Rehab to Begin
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qdj