Girardi went right down after being hit, and needed help getting off the ice. Although Girardi's ankle isn't broken, that's all we know.
It also doesn't mean he'll be back on the ice tomorrow as this is a very tricky injury to return from. He may very well be out a few weeks as he could be hobbling around on his injured ankle. As this is a bone bruise, that will effect the way he skates, there is no timetable for how long he will be out for.
It's nice to hear Girardi is OK initially, but we'll see how long he's sidelined with the ankle injury. More updates should come tomorrow when the Rangers return home for practice.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Ryan McDonagh and Dan Girardi Both Hurt in New York Rangers 3-0 Loss to Montreal Canadiens
- New York Rangers’ Dan Girardi Hopes to Return Sunday
- Dan Girardi Returns as New York Rangers Host Tampa Bay Lightning
- New York Rangers’ Carl Hagelin to Leave Sweden
- New York Rangers: Could Michael Del Zotto Miss Game Vs Montreal Canadiens?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qg1