He took a puck too the face off the stick of Marc Stall, and continued reporting even with blood dripping into his mouth. One-hundred percent a gamer.
It wasn't the only showing of toughness last night in the Rangers' 4-1 win over the New York Islanders, as captain Ryan Callahan returned from his shoulder injury — one that looked like it would keep him out months rather than a week.
Either way, we congratulate Giannone on a job well done between the benches and he has the battle scars to prove his efforts.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Rangers’ Brad Richards Takes Ice for First Time Since Training Camp Opens
- New York Rangers: John Tortorella Worries About Rust
- New York Rangers’ Ryan Callahan ‘On Track’ to Return After Practicing Today
- New York Rangers Win 4-1 Behind J.T. Miller’s First 2 Career Goals
- New York Rangers Shut Out by Pittsburgh Penguins
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ps2