The New York Mets (60-68) evened up their series with an 8-5 win over the Oakland A's (74-52) Wednesday afternoon at the O.Co Coliseum. Lucas Duda led the Mets offensively with a 2-for-4 day, driving in three and scoring twice with a walk. Curtis Granderson, Daniel Murphy and Eric Campbell also each recorded two hits a piece.
- The Mets got out to an early lead with a big five-run third inning, bolstered by an Eric Campbell (3) solo shot and a three-run blast from Lucas Duda (23)
- The A's answered in the bottom half of the inning, as Coco Crisp and John Jaso each recorded RBI doubles to close the gap to 5-2.
- Those runs were immediately answered by a pair of RBI singles in the top of the fourth from Granderson and Murphy that scored WIlmer Flores and Eric Young Jr., respectively.
- Oakland starter Jeff Samardzija (L, 3-3) lasted just 3.2 innings, allowing seven runs on seven hits while walking two and striking out three. Zack Wheeler (W, 9-8) went 5.2 innings, allowing four runs (two earned) on four hits while walking and striking out three.
- With the tying run at the plate in an 8-4 game with one out in the bottom of the eighth, Jeurys Familia (SV, 4) walked Sam Fuld to close the gap to 8-5. Familia was able to get out of the jam, striking out Andy Parrino before grounding out Josh Donaldson to end the threat. Familia would go on to pitch a scoreless ninth to record the five-out save.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Baseball, Coco Crisp, Curtis Granderson, Daniel Murphy, Eric Campbell, Jeff Samardzija, Lucas Duda, MLB, New York, New York Mets, O.Co Coliseum, Oakland A's, Zack Wheeler
- New York Mets’ Bats Sleep in as Chicago Cubs Win 4-1
- Braves Defeat Mets 3-1, Complete Sweep
- New York Mets Score Early, Hold on to Defeat Pittsburgh Pirates
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1er5