The New York Mets (59-68) have looked lost offensively since the All Star Break. They have fallen on particularly hard times of late, losing six of their last eight games, including last night's series opener to the Oakland A's (74-51) 6-2. The Mets are now in jeopardy of falling 10 below .500 for the first time since July 6th. The Mets will try to avoid that feat as they wrap up their two game set with the A's this afternoon. First pitch at O.Co Coliseum is scheduled for 3:35 pm.
The Mets will send their hottest pitcher to the mound, righty Zack Wheeler (8-8, 3.49 ERA). Wheeler has won five straight decisions, including a win on Friday against the Chicago Cubs when he allowed two runs in 6.2 innings pitched. The A's will counter with Jeff Samardzjia (5-9, 2.96 ERA), who was acquired in a midseason trade from the Cubs. Samardzjia lost his last outing, allowing three runs in 6.1 innings against the Kansas City Royals last Thursday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- DH Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- CF Matt den Dekker
- SS Wilmer Flores
- RF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
- LF Eric Young Jr
- Wheeler is 5-0 with a 2.02 ERA in his last nine starts.
- Wheeler had the worst start of his career against the A's on June 25th, when he allowed six runs in two innings of work.
- Samardzjia hasn't fared well against the Mets in his career, going 0-2 with a 9.53 ERA lifetime.
- After a day off yesterday, Daniel Murphy returns to the lineup and will bat in his usual spot in the batting order, second.
- Dana Eveland will be out of action until at least Friday after receiving a cortisone shot in his left elbow, ESPN New York's Adam Rubin reports.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Baseball, Dana Eveland, Daniel Murphy, Jeff Samardzjia, MLB, New York, New York Mets, O.Co Coliseum, Oakland A's, Zack Wheeler
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1eqp