The New York Mets (56-61) have enjoyed their visits to the city of brotherly love this season. The Mets have won seven of their first eight meetings with the Philadelphia Phillies (52-65) at Citizen's Bank Park this season. That figure includes the first two games of this four game set, which the Mets won by a single run each. The two teams will continue their series this afternoon, with first pitch in Philadelphia scheduled for 1:35 pm.
The Mets will send right hander Zack Wheeler (7-8, 3.48 ERA) to the mound. Wheeler has been on a tear for the Mets, picking up wins in four straight decisions. Wheeler gutted out a win in his last start, tossing 6.2 innings of one run ball to beat the Washington Nationals last Tuesday. The Phillies will counter with right hander Kyle Kendrick (5-11, 4.74 ERA). Kendrick took a no decision in his last start, allowing one run in seven innings against the Houston Astros.
New York Mets Lineup:
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- LF Matt den Dekker
- CF Juan Lagares
- SS Wilmer Flores
- SP Zack Wheeler
- Matt den Dekker gets his first start since being recalled from Las Vegas. den Dekker will bat sixth and play left field.
- Today is also den Dekker's 27th birthday.
- Wheeler and Kendrick faced off 10 days ago at Citi Field, in a game that Wheeler and the Mets won after getting four runs off Kendrick in the fifth inning.
- Kendrick is 0-2 with a 5.01 ERA in his last four starts against the Mets.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Baseball, Citizens Bank Park, Kyle Kendrick, Matt Den Dekker, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Zack Wheeler
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Philadelphia Phillies at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1edj