The New York Mets (55-61) got off to a good start in their weekend series with the Philadelphia Phillies (52-64) last night. Bartolo Colon tossed eight innings of one run ball to earn his 200th career victory and help the Mets down the Phillies 5-4. The Mets will look to extend their winning streak to two as they continue their series with the Phils tonight. First pitch at Citizen's Bank Park is scheduled for 7:05 pm.
The Mets will send right hander Dillon Gee (4-4, 3.73 ERA) to the mound. Gee pitched better in his last outing, allowing two runs in 5.2 innings against the San Francisco Giants on Monday, but took a no decision. The Phillies will counter with lefty Cole Hamels (6-6, 2.42 ERA), who has already faced the Mets four times this season. Hamels took a very tough loss in his last outing, tossing seven innings and allowing only one unearned run but losing to the Washington Nationals last Sunday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- LF Eric Campbell
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- CF Juan Lagares
- SS Wilmer Flores
- SP Dillon Gee
- Lucas Duda is getting the start at first base despite Hamels being on the mound. Manager Terry Collins indicated the Mets want to get Duda more at bats against left handed pitching the rest of the way.
- Gee has struggled against the Phillies, going 3-4 with a 6.71 ERA in 11 career starts against them. Gee has really struggled at Citizen's Bank Park, going 2-2 with an 8.90 ERA there.
- Hamels is 0-3 with a 6.20 ERA in his last four starts against the Mets at Citizen's Bank Park.
- Newly promoted Matt den Dekker will get a night off against the tough lefty Hamels. Eric Campbell will play left field and bat cleanup.
- The Phillies will honor former manager Charlie Manuel with a place on their Wall of Fame in a pregame ceremony. Manuel managed the Phillies from 2004-2013 and won a World Series title in 2008.
- Jenrry Mejia is unavailable tonight after tossing 20 pitches in consecutive games as well as dealing with a calf issue. Jeurys Familia would presuambly close if a save situation arose this evening.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Baseball, Charlie Manuel, Citizens Bank Park, Cole Hamels, Dillon Gee, Eric Campbell, Jenrry Mejia, Lucas Duda, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Philadelphia Phillies at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ecs