The New York Mets (53-58) have done little offensively in their four game set against the San Francisco Giants (60-51). The Mets have collected only eight hits over the first three games of the series, so it is remarkable that they have won a game at all. Yesterday afternoon was no exception, as Madison Bumgarner hurled a two hit shutout to lead the Giants past the Mets 9-0. This afternoon, the Mets will look to salvage a series split as they wrap up their seven game home stand. First pitch for today's getaway game at Citi Field is scheduled for 12:10 pm.
The Mets will send right hander Dillon Gee (4-4, 3.77 ERA) to the mound. Gee is looking to bounce back after losing three consecutive starts to kick off the second half. Gee showed progress in his last outing, going 6.2 innings and allowing five earned runs in a loss to the Philadelphia Phillies last Tuesday. The Giants will counter with All Star and long time Met nemesis Tim Hudson (8-8, 2.71 ERA). Hudson took a tough loss in his last outing, allowing three runs in seven innings but falling to the Pittsburgh Pirates last Tuesday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- LF Chris Young
- CF Juan Lagares
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Dillon Gee
- Hudson has 17 career victories against the Mets.
- Lucas Duda has actually had success against Hudson in his career, hitting .393 against him.
- Ruben Tejada has been woeful since the beginning of July, hitting .197 with 13 hits in that span. 11 of the 13 hits have been singles. (Credit to Michael Baron on Twitter for that stat).
- The Mets enter play today 6.5 games behind in the wild card chase.
- The Mets can secure a second consecutive winning home stand by winning the finale this afternoon.
- Gee has never lost four consecutive starts in his career.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Baseball, Citi Field, Dillon Gee, Lucas Duda, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Ruben Tejada, San Francisco Giants, Tim Hudson
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e5g