After a 5-4 win last night, the New York Mets (46-50) are looking to do something they have only done once in franchise history. The Mets have only won one series at PETCO Park since it opened in 2004, With the San Diego Padres (41-55) struggling mightily to generate any offense, the Mets have a golden opportunity to win the series with the Friars tonight. First pitch at PETCO is scheduled for 8:40 pm.
The Mets will send right hander Dillon Gee (4-1, 2.56 ERA) to the mound tonight. Gee picked up a win in his return from the disabled list in his last outing, tossing seven innings of one run ball to beat the Atlanta Braves on July 9th. The Padres will send All Star starting pitcher Tyson Ross (7-10, 2.85 ERA) to the mound. Ross has been brilliant for San Diego but has seen his efforts go unrewarded far too often due to the Padres' anemic offense. This is exactly what happened in his last start, as he took a loss despite giving up only one run in seven innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- LF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
- CF Juan Lagares
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Dillon Gee
- Ross has gotten anemic offensive support, as the Padres have scored five total runs in his last eight starts. Ross is 1-6 with a 2.83 ERA over that span.
- The Mets haven't won five games in a row since May of 2013.
- Travis d'Arnaud is hitting .333 with eight RBI's in his last nine games.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Baseball, Dillon Gee, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Petco Park, San Diego Padres, Travis D'Arnaud, Tyson Ross
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at San Diego Padres
- New York Mets Start Off Second Half with 5-4 Win Over San Diego Padres
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dkb