After hearing their manager dub the series with the Atlanta Braves as "huge", the New York Mets have responded nicely. The Mets (41-49) have won the first two games of the four game series and three in a row overall. The Mets will look to make it a season high four game winning streak as they continue their series with the Braves (49-41) tonight. First pitch at Citi Field is scheduled for 7:10 pm.
The Mets will send right hander Dillon Gee (3-1, 2.73 ERA) to the mound this evening. Gee will be making his first start since May 10th after missing nearly two months with a lat injury. The Braves will counter with right hander Ervin Santana (7-5, 3.93 ERA). Santana picked up a win in his last outing, allowing two runs in 7.1 innings to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks on July 4th.
New York Mets Lineup:
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Lucas Duda
- LF Bobby Abreu
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Dillon Gee
- The Mets optioned reliever Gonzalez Germen to Triple-A Las Vegas last night to make room for Gee on the roster.
- Jeurys Familia had trouble warming up last night and is unavailable for tonight's game. Manager Terry Collins called the situation a red flag.
- The Mets will need to figure out Santana if they want to win this game. Santana is 3-0 with a 0.86 ERA in three career starts against the Mets.
- The Mets haven't won four games in a row in over a year. Their last four game winning streak was from July 7-10, 2013.
- Gee is expected to be limited to 95 pitches in his first start back from the disabled list.