After a 6-5 win last night, the New York Mets are looking to build a winning streak for the first time in two weeks. The Mets (38-48) will look to win their second game in a row against the Texas Rangers (37-49) tonight as the two teams continue their holiday weekend series at Citi Field. First pitch for tonight's contest is scheduled for 7:15 pm.
The Mets will send 41 year old right hander Bartolo Colon (8-6, 3.88 ERA) to the mound. Colon took a loss in his last outing, allowing five runs in six innings in a loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates last Sunday. The Rangers will counter with right hander Colby Lewis (5-5, 5.71 ERA), who has struggled this season. Lewis took a no decision in his last outing, allowing two runs in six innings against the Minnesota Twins last Sunday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- LF Bobby Abreu
- 1B Lucas Duda
- CF Juan Lagares
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Bartolo Colon
- The Mets will finally get David Wright back in the lineup after he missed a week with a bruised left rotator cuff. The Mets went 2-5 without their captain.
- Tonight's game will be broadcast on Fox, the only national telecast scheduled for the Mets this season. Kenny Albert and former Met Cliff Floyd will be on the call.
- The Mets go lefty heavy at the top of the lineup again, with Wright the only right handed bat among the team's first five hitters.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Texas Rangers at New York Mets
- New York Mets Snap Losing Streak with 6-5 Win Over Texas Rangers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cr9