The New York Mets had one of their best home performances of the season last night, and it came against baseball's best team. The Mets (36-41) slugged four home runs and got a strong pitching performance from Bartolo Colon to blow out the Oakland A's (47-30) 10-1. The two teams will wrap up their brief two game series tonight at Citi Field, with first pitch scheduled for 7:10 pm.
The Mets will send young right hander Zack Wheeler to the hill. Wheeler (3-7, 3.93 ERA) is coming off his best start of the season his last time out, hurling a shutout to beat the Miami Marlins last Thursday. The A's will counter with young left hander Brad Mills (0-0, 4.50 ERA). Mills took a no decision in his last start after allowing two runs in four innings against the Boston Red Sox.
New York Mets Lineup:
- LF Eric Young Jr
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Eric Campbell
- RF Curtis Granderson
- CF Chris Young
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Zack Wheeler
- The Mets will roll with the same starting lineup they used last night.
- The Mets have won seven of eight games against the A's dating back to 2005.
- The Mets are trying to win four games in a row for the first time since July 7-10 of 2013.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Oakland A’s at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Postgame: New York Mets 10, Oakland A’s 1
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cf0