After going 3-3 on their six game home stand, the New York Mets are hitting the road again. The Mets (31-38) kick off a seven game road trip tonight at Busch Stadium, with the first of three games against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals check into today's game with a mark of 37-32, trailing Milwaukee by 3.5 games in the National League Central. The Cards are also atop the wild card standings. First pitch is scheduled for 8:05 pm.
The Mets will send righty Jacob deGrom to the mound tonight. deGrom (0-3, 3.44 ERA) is still searching for his first major league win. deGrom took a loss in his last outing, allowing three runs in 5.2 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Cardinals will counter with right hander Carlos Martinez (0-3, 4.67 ERA). Martinez will be making a spot start in place of Cardinals' ace Adam Wainwright, who will skip a start after having an MRI on his sore elbow come up negative.
New York Mets Lineup:
- CF Curtis Granderson
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- RF Bobby Abreu
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Taylor Teagarden
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Jacob deGrom
- LF Eric Young Jr
- The Mets won three of four against the Cardinals at Citi Field back in April.
- After a strong outing yesterday, Curtis Granderson will remain in the leadoff spot for today's game.
- The Mets activated Eric Young Jr from the disabled list prior to the game.
- The Mets demoted outfielder Andrew Brown back to Triple-A Las Vegas to make room for EY.
- In a move that was hinted at since spring training, Terry Collins is batting pitcher Jacob deGrom eighth in his lineup. Eric Young will bat ninth and serve as the team's double leadoff batter. This is the first time in franchise history a pitcher will bat eighth for the Mets.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka is expected to be available out of the bullpen for the next few days after leaving his start yesterday with a severe upset stomach.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c3s