The New York Mets were close to breaking back over the .500 mark prior to their series with the Chicago Cubs. Four days later, the Mets (28-33) are five games below .500 after a four game losing streak. The Mets will look to snap the streak tonight, which will be a tall order against the San Francisco Giants (40-21). The Giants are baseball's best team, and rallied to beat the Mets 4-2 last night. The two teams will renew their series at 10:05 pm at AT&T Park.
The Mets will send 41 year old right hander Bartolo Colon (5-5, 4.52 ERA) to the mound. Colon recorded a win in his last time out, holding the Philadelphia Phillies to two runs over seven innings in a game the Mets would go on to win 11-2. The Giants will counter with veteran right hander Tim Hudson (6-2, 1.75 ERA). Hudson also recorded a win in his last outing, tossing seven shutout innings in an 8-0 Giants win over the St. Louis Cardinals.
New York Mets Lineup:
- CF Matt den Dekker
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- RF Curtis Granderson
- LF Chris Young
- 1B Lucas Duda
- SS Ruben Tejada
- C Anthony Recker
- SP Bartolo Colon
- Hudson has dominated the Mets in his career, going 17-10 with a 3.47 ERA against them.
- Matt den Dekker will lead off tonight, but manager Terry Collins will consider using Ruben Tejada in the leadoff spot soon, ESPN New York's Adam Rubin reports.
- David Wright is scheduled to have a day off tomorrow, but that is not set in stone yet. Collins told reporters that Wright could play if he insists on being in the lineup.
- Eric Young Jr had a setback with his hamstring and has been shut down. He will not be able to return from the DL when first eligible Tuesday.
- Rubin also reports that the Mets are having a team meeting prior to the game.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at San Francisco Giants
- San Francisco Giants Rally to Hand New York Mets Fourth Straight Loss
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Atlanta Braves at New York Mets
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1btk