The New York Mets (28-30) continue their eleven-game road trip with their second of three games with the Chicago Cubs (21-34) Tuesday night at Wrigley Field. First pitch is scheduled for 8:05 PM. The Mets dropped the opener Monday night by a score of 2-1, on a walk-off RBI single by Nate Schierholtz. With the win, the Cubs improved to 4-6 in their last ten, while the Mets dropped to 7-3, snapping their three-game win streak.
TV – SNY
Radio – WOR
Mets Starting Lineup
- CF Matt den Dekker
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- LF Curtis Granderson
- RF Bobby Abreu
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Anthony Recker
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Daisuke Matsuzaka
Daisuke Matsuzaka (2-0, 2.45) will make the spot-start for the Mets, his second of the season and first since he started the second game of the Mets doubleheader with Arizona on May 25.
Edwin Jackson (3-5, 4.81) get the ball for the Cubs, coming off two straight losses. In six career starts against the Mets, Jackson is 2-2 with a 3.93 ERA and 38 strikeouts.
- Matt den Dekker will make his third straight start in center field, batting leadoff despite just a .214 average and on-base percentage. His glove has solidified his spot in the lineup as he made two excellent plays in the Phillies series, while the Mets outfield corps continues to struggle.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Chicago Cubs
- Failure to Cash in Offensively Costs New York Mets in Loss to Chicago Cubs
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bpc